Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:06:50 -0800
On Jan 25, 2005, at 7:51 AM, Gordon LaPoint wrote:
I agree with Art, I don't get an acknowledge when I'm S&P they might not
be in my log when it goes in, especially if I work them later and they
insist on telling me "Worked B4" instead of just working me again.
Gordon - N1MGO new rtty contester, for 5 years now

It is very simple -- if they don't at least give me a TU or a QSL before going off to CQ again, I assume they did not copy my report and I don't log them.

The QSO that are even sadder are the ones like this:

(they) CQ CQ DE AA6TY
(me) W7AY W7AY
(they) W7AY TOO !I&?J
(me) AGN PSE
(they) W7AY QSL TU QRZ DE AA6TY

They are obviously using some database to infer my exchange. I don't care if they'd copied my call sign, but this is not a complete exchange and don't get in my log either.

As a contesting teetotaler, I am anal about submitting an accurate log rather than a log with the big score.

Chen, W7AY
New RTTY contester, still learning and S&P'ing after 13 years.