Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

To: RTTY Contest <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:37:50 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Waldemar DK3VN wrote:

> what is a valid contact in the contest? That is the question only! The
> answere is very simple. First it is the call sign of the station you
> have worked and second it is the information, which you have exchanged
> with this station. The RST is meaningless, because nobody can check it.

Nonetheless, the ARRL RTTY Roundup rules (and many others) state that the
RST is part of the exchange.

It *is* meaningless and we should petition the organizers to drop it or,
better yet, add some other bit of info (e.g., year first licensed, as in
the ARRL November Sweepstakes).

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
ARRL VE