Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:42:31 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, JOHN DOBSON wrote:

> Im sorry, I failed to make my point(assuming that I have one!!).
> For those folk chasing paper , such as was, dxcc , etc, for arrl
> verification purposes, is the 5/9,599 actually have  to be exchanged to get
> a qsl in  order to apply for such an award?

The DXCC rules (http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/rules.html) say:

"4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call
signs of both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode,
and date, time and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode
contacts are not permitted for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing
all required information may be rejected."

No mention of RST so that's not a good enough reason for including it in a
contest exchange (would speed DX pileups too! :-).

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
ARRL VE
WAC (phone)