Re: [RTTY] Fwd: ANARTS F6IRF SOST HP - RULES

To: f6irf@free.fr, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: ANARTS F6IRF SOST HP - RULES
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:16:31 +0000
>As a summary it would be nice if the contest committee could specify:
>- the exact meaning of "single transmitter" (I.e. is SO2R allowed ?)

To prohibit SO2R, they simply specify the maximum number of band changes
per hour, or require a specific time between band changes. It works (at
least, it keeps _me_ from doing SO2R on those contests).

I have two radios. One can operate (one of) 80, 20, or 10. The other can
operate (one of) 40 or 15. During an all-band contest, I _must_ operate
both of those radios, though at different times . This is _not_ SO2R. I
think it would be pretty difficult to specify "exactly" what SO2R is, but
the "band changes per hour" specification seems to do it well without ever
counting radios.

>- the minimum duration of an "off" period (ie can 3mn without a QSO be counted
>as an off-period ?)

Agreed. I didn't see anything that specified the minimum.

Jerry W4UK