Re: [RTTY] ANARTS - Unsportsmanship like behaviour???

To: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ANARTS - Unsportsmanship like behaviour???
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:49:55 -0700
At 08:16 AM 6/13/2005, Magnus A wrote:
>I may be a young fart, only 31, and I only had my license for almost 9 years
>but what I have always been tought about contests is that working split is a
>No-No.
>For me, this behavior is a way of cheating.

I would suggest the word "cheating" is a bit strong, but otherwise I agree
working split is not good in a contest. Instead, when a station is having a
hard time managing a pileup, I would rather see them QSY and start again.
When the pileup gets too much, QSY once more, and so on.

Some rare DX stations partially solve the pileup problem by working very
high in the band where many stations do not look. That only works for a
time, since they eventually get spotted on a DX Cluster.

Being a W6, I've never had such a problem myself. ;-)

--
Bill, W6WRT