Re: [RTTY] RTTY Sweeps

To: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>,RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Sweeps
From: Robert Ruvolo <ki6dy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
And therein could lie the problem with a RTTY
Sweepstakes if it were to follow the rules of the SSB
and CW. Although RTTY contesting activity has grown, I
don't think it has grown to the extent that would make
the this format very exciting over 30 hours. Just not
enough staions to work with the work a station once
only rule. Perhaps shortening it to 12 hours would
keep things hopping. A sweep, in my opinion, would be
very very difficult.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm all for more RTTY
contests, but not a RTTY sweepstakes in the current
Sweepstakes format without modification.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)