Re: [RTTY] RTTY Sweeps

To: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Sweeps
From: "Bob Wanderer" <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:18:43 -0400
Actually CW and Phone SS is a 30 hour contest, of which
you're allowed a maximum of 24.  So there is a lot of
strategy involved in deciding break time if you're going for
the gold.  I think the biggest issue is that in SS you can
work a station only once during the contest.  Are there
enough K/VE/KL/KP/KG4xx/KH RTTY stations active?  There's
the infamous Sunday afternoon doldrums on most CW and Phone
Sweepstakes.  I can't remember which one it is, but there's
a RTTY contest that allows you to work stations again if
both have had at least three intervening QSOs.  Also,
holding a RTTY SS the same weekend as the Phone SS would, I
believe, be counterproductive.

73
Bob AA0CY