Re: [RTTY] Telnet/Packet and the RTTY RU/Revision the Rules

To: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Telnet/Packet and the RTTY RU/Revision the Rules
From: "Tom Moore" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:29:44 -0600
From: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
To: "Tom Moore" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Cc: "Andrei Nevis" <v49a@yahoo.com>; <morris_karen@bellsouth.net>; "Richard
Ferch" <ve3iay@rac.ca>; <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 6:55 PM

> SO2R operation is common on other modes and does not warrant separate
> categories. For RTTY (or any digital mode), since a human ear is not
> necessary to decode the signals, it does open up the possibility for  SO3R
> or SOnR. However, the practical limits of a single operator  gainfully
> manipulating all these radios at one time negates any  additional
> advantage.

you see. that's what I mean. That's BS. For the last several years, the
scores of SO2R ops CLEARLY beat SO1R scores ROUTINELY!! sometimes by as much
as 1/4!  If they didn't why would they go to the trouble of doing SO2R!
SO2R is, at minimum, an equal or higher advantage than being in the HIGH
POWER category. You may disagree, but the SCORES show otherwise! Everybody
knows this. Every SO2R op I know has admitted he could not equal his SO2R
score by being SO1R. For the life of me, I can't understand why contest
sponsors refuse to acknowledge this clear fact.

Tom WX4TM