Re: [RTTY] Monitor problem

To: "K8JWT" <k8jwt@adelphia.net>, <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Monitor problem
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:14:24 -0000
Hi Jacob,

I used to suffer the same problem as you, but in my case, all I did was to
change the refresh rate, which moved it away from the RTTY portion on most
bands.
I was also using TWO monitors, so had to fiddle about with the refresh rates
of the two cards I was using, but I did manage to get the bands fairly
quiet.

However, the best solution is to change to flat panel monitors (which I did
some while ago), as these are quiet in that sense. I am not sure how
noise-proof flat panel monitors are, but I have never heard of anyone
complaining.
Also, they aren't that expensive any more!

Happy New Year to all, and see you in the contests!
73 de Phil GU0SUP