[RTTY] Radio interference problem

To: "N1MMLogger" <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>,"CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>, <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Radio interference problem
From: "K8JWT" <k8jwt@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:45:49 -0500
Sorry for adressing multiple reflectors but this problem is killing my
capabilities to operate.

I am receiving interference from my computer monitor mainly in the 20 meter
band that almost obliterates the PSK-31/RTTY section of the band. I have tried
the available chokes from Radio Shack with no improvement. This interference
also effects 15meters slightly. No problems with 40 or 80 meters.

Monitor is about 4 feet away from the radio/tuner setup with cables for each
seperated as well as possible. Monitor is almost brand new CRT type. I have
returned to point of purchase for exchange which they did but the problem
persists.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. . .

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT

PS: I did wrap all of my exposed coax with alluminum foil which dropped the
interference a little bit but not much. Also checked all of the PL-259 solder
joints and they are good.