Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth Proposal - FCC Invites Comments

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL Bandwidth Proposal - FCC Invites Comments
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:04:08 -0800
A question for the gentleman who wanted all digimode software to be
"freely available":

Would you include proprietary software such as HAL's Clover and SCS's
Pactor II? And any future proprietary software?

My understanding of the US Constitution says that if the government
takes private property for public use, the owners must be fairly
compensated. I suspect the FCC is going to be reluctant to go down
that road. If they do, I see a field day for the lawyers on the horizon.

Just something to keep in mind.

Bill, W6WRT