Re: [RTTY] The other guy's TX is reversed

To: K4FJ@aol.com, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] The other guy's TX is reversed
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:00:22 -0400
Steve,
Yes, this happens.  I was successful with the following approach.

I use a 756PRO2 and can split between 2 VFOs.  And each VFO can be set to
any "mode".  and I use that nasty AFSK which I quite like...  Sooo...

1.  RTTY decoder (RITTY by K6STI) is set to "Normal"
2.  VFO A is set to USB so I can copy him "reversed"
3.  VFO B is set to LSB so I can transmit "normal"
I only use one "window" to receive with this program.

I have the option of screwing around with the mode on VFO B to reverse my
tones if I think it might help.  YU6AO was receiving me just fine in
"normal" tone order.
Just another approach.  You can do the same using "FSK" if you can
independently set mode on each VFO.  Some rigs have a FSK-R setting also.
73 and good luck,
George .. W1ZT