Re: [RTTY] ic756proIII

To: <dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ic756proIII
From: "Jay Bromley" <jayw5jay@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:10:38 -0500
Hi Dean and RTTY gang,
I had a Mark V Field with over $1200 of Inrad filtering ( including the
roofing filter ) and it is no match against the Pro III on RTTY.  The only
thing I missed going to the Pro III is the ability of splitting out the
audio into the headphones while working split chasing DX.  I have learned to
use the Dual Watch, but I do not like it as much as Yaesu's sub receiver
combo.  The Mark V Field was only good for 50 watts on RTTY,  This doesn't
matter when you have an amp, but I like the extra headroom the Pro III has
at 100 watts.

Using a Pro III on a RTTY contest you get the double hump filter for RTTY
plus the band scope that Mark V doesn't have.

Just though I would comment since I have owned both.  The Yaesu was a good
rig when I added the Inrads, but it was a poor rig out of the box.  After
the Inrads were installed in the Yaesu, both rigs would copy signals S-0
near the noise floor and both did great with loud signals nearby like in a
contest.  Let me say after using both side by side, I sold the Mark V Field
and kept the Pro III.

73 de w5jay/jay..