Re: [RTTY] ic756proIII

To: <rtty-bounces@contesting.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ic756proIII
From: "dsthill" <dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:58:06 -0400
Interesting points Jay.

You're right about the Inrad filters of course. I've spent a small fortune
on those along with the roofing filter.

I am suspecting both from your comments and those of Don, the peak filter is
truly a plus in the ProIII. I would probably need to use to better
appreciate their value.

In fairness, even though I now do more RTTY than any other mode, originally
I was more of an SSB contester, so maybe some of my bias is grounded there.

In the end, the most important thing is having a rig that you can use at
optimum. It took me I'd say a year before I truly understood the FT1KmpMK5
series really well. Now I could close my eyes and do nearly anything with
this rig.

I have both a field and the 200w version and interestingly, initially I
liked the field slightly better but I blew out the front-end of the 200
watter maybe a year ago. When it returned it was so much better than the
field, that I have been planning to send the 'field for an alignment
check-out.

Sometimes I wish I was based Stateside, so I could try-out more gear, where
there is a much more active market for used gear. As it is, it's now very
difficult to sell any of my stuff on the local used market.

C'est la vie.

Regards and see you in the pile-ups,

Dean - 8P6SH / 8P2K