Re: [RTTY] 160

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: "Inbody, Donald S" <inbody@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:04:27 -0600
It appears to me that we are trying to two things here (well, at least two
things):

1.  Encourage more RTTY interest on 160M
2.  Push someone to the first RTTY 160M WAS
3.  Create more opportunities for RTTY 160M DXCC

So, a contest should reward such activity.  Therefore, how about the following:

1.  Report - Callsign, name, grid, State (I guess we could include county, too,
if there is enough interest.  That is (more than) enough data to ensure we had
a real QSO on a tough band.

2.  Scoring - 1 point per QSO in same DXCC entity, 2 points per QSO in same
continent, 3 points per QSO in another continent.  This surely needs some of
our brighter minds to toss around.

2.  Operate for 24 hours, no limits on time spent on the air.  This gives
everyone around the world at least one night time period.

3.  No limits on power, but have at least two categories, HP (>200W) and LP (<
200W).

4.  Given the probable paucity of participants, we might want to consider
permitting re-working contacts after some period of time has passed.  This
needs some thought by our "great thinkers."  Remember, we are trying to
encourage RTTY action on 160M.

Thoughts?

73, Don ADØK