Re: [RTTY] 160

To: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 08:45:16 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:22:40 EST, MRBILL1953@aol.com wrote:

>So, if 160 RTTY sounds of interest to you let's get some thoughts gathered
>up and make it come to life!
>
>73 de NY2U Bill Eddy
>President of TARA

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Count me in on this one! I volunteer to do log checking or whatever
TARA would like me to help with.

First however, is choice of contest format. I would recommend using an
already-existing contest as the foundation so no new software would be
required. The Makrothen comes to mind, since it is already a RTTY
contest. It uses distance between grid squares, as I understand the
Stew Perry does for CW. It does have a multiplication factor for low
bands which might have to be overcome, but it's a nice format.

Makrothen rules at:

http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/The_Makrothen_Contest/The_Makrothen_Contest.html

Other suggestions?

73, Bill W6WRT