Re: [RTTY] re the blacklisting

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] re the blacklisting
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net> wrote:

> Some stations send up 2 and mean exactly that, no more, no less. I
> would probably send up 2-5 or something similar.
>
> Not a big deal, most guys figure it out pretty quickly.

Some never do.

When I was in the Galapagos in September 2002, I got on 30 meter CW after the
RTTY contest was over (after dinner).  I ran for a few hours sending "up 1" but
the pileup was big.  Most of the guys I worked were up 2.  I worked 400
stations in 3 hours, so it wasn't like there were no callers up there.  But it
was amazing the number of guys who kept calling up 1 even though I didn't work
ANYONE there.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us