Re: [RTTY] re the blacklisting

To: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [RTTY] re the blacklisting
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:44:42 -0400 (EDT)
I used to send the whole range, and even change it as the pileup got
smaller, but decided that the top end was no necssary.  I'm no longer
sure of that, and changed back to a full definition.  I  think just
enough inexperienced ops believe "up 2" to be a single frequency that
a mess happens there.

73, doug

   Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>

   --- Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net> wrote:

   > Some stations send up 2 and mean exactly that, no more, no less. I
   > would probably send up 2-5 or something similar.
   >
   > Not a big deal, most guys figure it out pretty quickly.

   Some never do.

   When I was in the Galapagos in September 2002, I got on 30 meter CW after the
   RTTY contest was over (after dinner).  I ran for a few hours sending "up 1"
but
   the pileup was big.  Most of the guys I worked were up 2.  I worked 400
   stations in 3 hours, so it wasn't like there were no callers up there.  But
it
   was amazing the number of guys who kept calling up 1 even though I didn't
work
   ANYONE there.

   73 - Jim AD1C

   USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us