Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R
From: "Jay Kloss" <n4cbk.jay@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:29:36 -0600
Greetings All,

I would be willing to bet that the guys who are running SO2R are
judging their relative success by comparing their scores to the other
guys who run SO2R. And I guarantee you that they know who their
competition is. So, in a sense, they likely already consider
themselves in another 'category', another higher level of excellence
and expertise. Creating an 'official' SO2R category seems like an easy
step to make if you are a contest sponsor. And quite frankly, it would
simply be thrilling to watch the scores from contest to contest as
these incredible SO2R operators compete.

At the same time, it would be nice to be able to tell from the scores
that I was competing (mostly against myself) but also alongside
someone with a similar methodology as myself. That way, I would have
someone to set my sites on and emulate who is also up there in that
high, thin air with the SO2R guys, but is running 1O1R like me.

So, to all of you amazing SO2R guys with your 'fantastic flying
machines', knock our socks off! And we'll hope that your esteemed
voices will persuade contest sponsors to establish more equitable
categories in the future.

TNX es GL de N4CBK, Jay.
Auburn, Alabama.
Alabama Contest Group.