Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:34:26 -0400
> To me, it's like high power vs low power: You can choose either one,
> have a good time and compete against those similarly equipped. IMO,
> SO2R gives a similar advantage and therefore should be classed
> similarly.
>
> Bill W6WRT

Everyone seems to avoid directly answering the question, "Then what about
antennas etc?"  Any knowledgeable ham would have to admit that antennas are
more important than power, yet we have a power category and not an antenna
category.  (That's probably because rules are more easily made for power
than for antennas.)

Every time someone figures out an honest way to gain an advantage, you just
can't strap them into their own category.  If you could do that, there would
be no more "sport of contesting".

If you don't like the rules, then complain to the contest sponsors.  The
sour grapes here only serves to drive out potential new contesters, and
heaven help us, new/younger people who join the reflector.  The real sport
should be RTTY operating - not who can argue/complain the best.

73 - John, WA9ALS