Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:18:28 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:47:12 -0400, "Joe Subich, W4TV"
<w4tv@subich.com> wrote:

> AA5AU has commented more than once
>that since he could not possibly have a big antenna farm, he adopted
>SO2R to allow him to compete against the guys with big antennas
>(he does might well

AA5AU has also commented that with SO2R, his score improved about 40%
above his SO1R score. That is a comparable advantage to HP vs LP, and
like HP vs LP, deserves its own category.

The playing field can not be made perfectly level, but we should try
any reasonable means to make it so. NOT doing so reduces competition
and ultimately will cause contesters to give it up and go somewhere
else to have fun.

Bill W6WRT