Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R (Longish, but (I think) Scintillating)

To: "Chris Plumblee" <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R (Longish, but (I think) Scintillating)
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:04:20 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:22:30 -0400, "Chris Plumblee"
<chris.plumblee@gmail.com> wrote:

>The point is that SO2R is a tool to improve your score.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

That is correct, no argument. An amplifier is also a tool to improve
your score. Look at the HP scores vs the LP and QRP scores.

I and many others believe that SO2R is a powerful tool, just like an
amplifier, and should have its own category, just like an amplifier.
An amp costs money, a second radio costs money. Not everybody wants an
amp, not everybody wants a second radio. I believe there is enough
room in contesting for all those groups. Contesting, like any sport,
is most fun when it is competitive. Contesters should be able to
choose a class where they do not have a extreme handicap right at the
start.

Nobody wants to banish HP and nobody wants to banish SO2R. We simply
believe they should both have their own categories so that like can
compete against like. Its that simple.

Bill W6WRT