Re: [RTTY] N1MM and MMTTY setup

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] N1MM and MMTTY setup
From: "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)" <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:31:50 +0100
On Thursday 03 January 2008, Tad Danley wrote:
> Trying to get N1MM and MMTTY set up for the very first time with my
> ProII.  Been listening to the W1AW RTTY bulletin this evening.
> Everything prints fine on the ProII scope using the built-in RTTY
> decoder, but only garbage prints in MMTTY.  Not sure where to start,
> also using a microKEYER.  Settings in MMTTY are 'default', and the
> signal levels and tuning appear to be spot on.
>
> Any suggestions on things to check out?  Thanks in advance!

Further to Johns notes I think you should decide whether you want to transmit
FSK or AFSK. I would prefer FSK. So set up a FSK port in the urouter software
from the microkeyer, assign that to MMTTY. Set the Pro2 to RTTY (not xSB-D).

When setting up MMTTY play around with the USB port handling, on some slower
computers it might be necessary to use USB polling.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR