[RTTY] FT-2000D and FSK

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FT-2000D and FSK
From: "Craig L Wright" <kb5bob@atlinkwifi.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 03:11:52 -0600
I am looking for comments and suggestions for  which soundcard interface
anyone is using with the Yaesu FT-2000 operating in FSK. The current
soundcard interface I am using is the Rig Blaster Pro and is working good.
For years I have been using the FT-1000D with a Kantronics KAM in AFSK and
feeding the audio into a AEA/Timewave 59Y.  This setup really worked week
and pulled in the weak signals.  On 10-2-07 my old trusted FT-1000D died a
noble death due to a lighting strike.  The 2000 does not hear the weak
stations like the 1000D thus the reason for the inquiry.

Maybe I have some menu on the FT-2000 not set correctly to improve the
operation in RTTY FSK.

Looking forward to all comments and suggestions, good or bad.

NX5O ex- KB5BOB

Craig L. Wright

Mustang, OK

EM15