Re: [RTTY] Bonnie

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Bonnie
From: "George Henry" <ka3hsw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:57:06 -0600
So far, according to the moderator of the IllinoisDigitalHam group, who is also
a member of the HFLINK forum, there has been nothing said on the HFLINK group
about the fact that their favorite mode is facing FCC scrutiny...  Bonnie is
probably waiting for a Commission decision, so she doesn't have to admit up
front the possibility that she may be wrong about something.  I just sent Riley
another message where I picked apart her totally ridiculous claims about what
ALE soundings are and how they supposedly comply (they don't) with Part 97.  If
there's sufficient interest, I will cross-post it, but we're straying pretty
far from RTTY talk.

Oh, in the "a rose by any other name" category, over on the hflink.net/qso
page, Bonnie has re-labeled the soundings in the ALE Activity Now log from
"Station ID" to "Communication," as if changing the label somehow makes them
legal.....

I will keep everyone posted on the outcome of all this.  And I'm sure it'll
make the ARRL letter when the decision comes down.

George, KA3HSW