[RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:07:31 -0500
Yesterday, I got some "first hand" experience, that I've been hearing about,
for some time. While operating in the KY QSO Party, admittedly not a major
contest, on 7.035.5, at 19:35 UTC, I was suddenly, and without any
consideration, swamped with US RTTY stations calling an EU station? As if it
wasn't bad enough, and terribly inconsiderate, to completely cover any station
that I was trying to work, the EU station was spotted, on packet, increasing
the activity!

7035.3 DP4P         RTTY                              1935 08 Nov

This type of behavior is unacceptable, especially if we, as RTTY operators, are
to "set the example"? I'm very fond of saying that RTTY operators have the
ability "to be considerate, while being competitive"! After yesterday, I may
have changed my mind.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW