Re: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY

To: "'Shelby Summerville'" <k4ww@arrl.net>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 17:16:42 -0500
This is a typical problem with state QSO parties ... why does
every one of them insist on posting "suggested frequencies"
that are right in the middle of the ONLY international RTTY
spectrum on 40 meters?  These events should be moved higher
in the band (above 7060 - even between 7100 - 7125) or below
7030.

Yes, RTTY operators could show a bit more consideration but
they have no other place to go.  For a local, domestic QSO
party to stake out prime space in the international RTTY
spectrum during a major international RTTY contest shows about
as much class as the SSB boys who insist on their local ragchews
below 1840 KHz or between 3775 and 3800 (and, yes, I have made
the same comments to the local Florida Contest Group about
their suggested frequencies).