Re: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 16:50:45 -0600
On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 14:30, Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com> wrote:

>     You must have a home computer, an internet connection, and logging
> software
>  in order to participate. Heaven forbid if you can't get your computer data
> into
> the correct format -or- the robot hickups. A paper log? Might as well burn it!

Are you operating an actual TTY?  Otherwise, you already have a computer.

There's no requirement to have logging software, but if you're going
to log at all, you might as well use something that captures the
exchange correctly.  Even MMTTY will do that (I made 350 QSOs using
MMTTY alone in WPX RTTY in 2004).

Most software that can do that would be capable of spitting out a
robot-digestible log (Cabrillo format).  But there's no regulation
requiring you to send it in.

And you don't need an internet connection.

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!