Re: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY

To: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 40 Meters RTTY
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:01:22 -0500
Hi Peter,

I'd rather operate with my first love, a Commodore VIC-20 with a Hamsoft
Cartridge, a modem and a scope. Yep, I've still got 'em and believe it or
not, they still work via FSK. Not much memory, no sound card, no other
software. Its type ahead buffer is great for rag chews.

I've got other resources, but I really like the old setup and pray that
it keeps on chugging. Second string is an old XT machine (DOS) connected to an
SCS PTC II. No sound card or internet here, but it does have about a 4MB hard
drive.

I don't see myself as a candidate for MMTTY or Cabrillo data. A number of years
ago I actually won JARTS on 7Mhz with the VIC20 and a paper log that I
transcribed with an old fashioned device called a typewriter.

Ah, memories!

73 de Phil - N8PS