Re: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee - Dec 6

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee - Dec 6
From: "Alex" <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:05:20 -0500
> The ARRL 160 meter contest has been a fixture for more than
> 30 years.  Promoting RTTY activity on 160 that weekend, no
> matter how few participants actually use 160 meters is simply
> encouraging intentional interference and inciting a "range
> war."

I never realized the 160m band became the ARRL's or of their participants'
during one of their contests.

However, what you are saying is that a contingent of hams cannot control
themselves, and really should have their license revoked.

> For anyone to promote RTTY activity during one
> of two major 160 meter CW contests is 100% completely wrong

And that, my friend, is 100% completely in the eye of the beholder.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com
http://www.airlinkexpress.org