Re: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee - Dec 6

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee - Dec 6
From: "Alex" <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:57:02 -0500
> Go into any public recreation field when the children's' soccer
> leagues are in session and try to start an American football
> game on one of the fields and see how well you are received.
> What TARA is doing is exactly analogous.

Exactly analogous?

I'd think that the ARRL contest is the American Football league equivalent,
and TARA's Melee the Children's Soccer League and not the other way around.
The kids in this case have only 10 kHz to play with and the "adults" 190
kHz. Seems to me the adults have plenty of room, but some adults have no
regard for kids and want it all, because they're older, because they were
there first, or whatever reason you can come up with.

As soon as we start to think that one group or one event has more rights
than the other at a frequency allocation at any given time, or a higher
priority if you will, *then* we are "100% completely wrong".

There is a simple set of rules that govern us, plus a few gentlemen's
agreements and a cup of courtesy for good measure. If we have troubles
following those, then we have only ourselves to blame. Not the ARRL, nor
TARA.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com