Re: [RTTY] Good Observations in RTTY RU

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Good Observations in RTTY RU
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:33:36 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:52:31 -0800, Kok Chen <chen@mac.com> wrote:

>With the Cocoa framework of Mac OS X, a text view dynamically creates
>line breaks when a word extends beyond a line, so a word is never
>chopped in the middle, unless the word is longer than the line
>itself.  So I didn't have to do anything special to avoid the word-cut-
>into-two problem.

REPLY:

Yes, I understand that but I was thinking of the LINE-cut-in-two
problem. It's nice to have the other stations exchange always start on
a new line so I can follow the text with the mouse and click when his
exchange info comes up. When the line starts in the middle of the
screen it seems I follow the text across and just as his info is ready
to print, the carriage returns and I have to chase it back across the
screen.  A minor point, but it's nice to have it the easy way.

Bill, W6WRT