[RTTY] re It felt like MMTTY under N1MM was sending slowly

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] re It felt like MMTTY under N1MM was sending slowly
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:43:08 -0400
>>>8P9RY comments below

From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of k0bx@arrl.net
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 4:10 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com

MMTTY has a feature that slows down the output rate of the characters send.
This is what the old UT-4's did. It for slow typest that wanted to get
ahead of the buffer.

In MMTTY plugin, go to options => TX

There is a thing called "Digital Output". This should be set to full to the
right. The default is about 80percent. This will speed up the output to
full baud rate.

>>>As Rich VE3KI pointed out on the DXLab reflector, the MMTTY online
>>>documentation says

"Digital Output controls the volume of sound output from the sound card. You
can also control this from the Windows mixer volume control. Try to set this so
you do not have to make mixer changes when you operate MMTTY."

>>>Rich verified this empirically, and I just confirmed it by inspecting the
>>>MMTTY source code.

   73,

      Dave, 8P9RY