Re: [RTTY] macros

To: "Kok Chen" <chen@mac.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] macros
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:57:08 -0600
Geez... a guy can't sneak a contact in without the world knowing about it!
:-)

I was so surprised that Glenn was at the keyboard and pounded out a "Hi Bob"
that I don't remember if it was 5NN or 599. I *think* it was 599... I'm NN%
certain.

I think the word is getting out because I remember only one station who sent
me a 5NN during the WPX. But you have to also remember the K3 transceiver
allows an operator to send CW and it will convert to RTTY. So it would stand
to reason a fellow on CW would send 5NN. Maybe that's why we're seeing some
of those reports?

Ah ha! An upgrade for the K3... when in RTTY mode, convert any 5NN from the
paddles into a 599 in Baudot!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Now promoting the ND QSO Party - Saturday, 21-Mar-2009 - See www.k0ln.com
for details

P.S. I know the N1MM and WriteLog authors are working to add NDQP support to
their programs. This event will be supported in upcoming releases.