Re: [RTTY] macros

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] macros
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:33:18 -0800
On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:

> I was so surprised that Glenn was at the keyboard and pounded out a
> "Hi Bob" that I don't remember if it was 5NN or 599. I *think* it
> was 599... I'm NN% certain.

He said hello both to you and another RTTY person (who I don't
remember) a little after.   I think it was with you that he mentioned
"This is Glenn."

I got this exchange a little after; they could have changed op in
between, or I could have worked a slim:

> N7IR 5NN N7IR
> WQHS
>   DVN7IR 5NN N7IR
> H5,!-2??2 Y3)
> 1?:76)3$/W7AY 5NN W7AYUZRJDHGW7AY TU K5D DNHGGRHLSBZIQUL.2/&
> $6Ø3/'#49!VE3FZ 5NN VE3FZKAQEBWSSRRY
> WGLZRRNDHS
> PPWRNBRSOMMVVOHHBVYVE3FZ TU K5D DNH

I'd used the click buffer to find the frequency where N7IR had
called.  After waiting and not seeing N7IR come back even after K5D
had sent his exchange the second time, I inserted my call at that QSX
(and hoping for dear life that K5D has not swung his VFO knob yet :-).

Kinda like tail ending on the Cheshire Cat.  This is where having two
receivers, printing the DX and pile at the same time is invaluable.

The "click buffer" is kind of a wideband replay buffer in cocoaModem
where the replay duration depends on the vertical position where the
waterfall is clicked, the horizontal position of the click defines the
frequency; the replay runs at a very fast rate and catches up to real
time in a short instant, dumping a long string to the screen at the
equivalent of 360 baud -- modern fast computers are wonderful :-)  It
could replay even faster than 360 baud, but it is prettier to see a
string print out in sequence rather than have 30 characters all pop up
at the same time :-). So, I was finding where N7IR was, not where he
is at the time K5D responded to his call.

73
Chen, W7AY