Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contesting and Verticals

To: ws7i@ewarg.org, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contesting and Verticals
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:01:32 EDT
Stick that 2 el 40 at 120 ft and someplace in the world will always be  open.
" quote Jamie N8TT"
ED K8OT

In a message dated 3/27/2009 12:06:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ws7i@ewarg.org writes:

Just  thought I would add some comments on Verticals.  I have used butternuts
 for some time in various configurations.  I started with it roof mounted
using the kit from butternut with about 10 additional radials.

That  worked the best BTW.

Later I ground mounted it and had rather  extensive radials as I installed
them prior to putting in a lawn.  I then  tried phasing two of the butternuts
but that never worked as well as a  2-element old Hygain yagi at 40 feet on 40
meters.

The best butternut I  have ever used was at Hal Blegens back in our eary
contest days. It was  mounted on top of his tower at just over 100 feet.  Hard
believe some  of the stuff we did to try and get a single tower M/S station
going.

That was one band opening and closing antenna and it worked on  all bands
10-80 quite well.

[This E-mail  scanned for viruses by  ClamAV]

**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.  Try
the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)