Re: [RTTY] Cheating

To: "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@subich.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Cheating
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:24:07 -0600
I guess we need a category for single radio multiple decoders too?  Isn't
this a big advantage?  Where exactly do you draw the line and how?

It takes great skill to be able to do SO2R competitively.  Hardware is just
one piece that makes it easier.  It is the grey stuff between the ears that
allows an operator to excel, especially on CW and SSB.  A lousy op is not
going to win the next big contest by adding a 2nd rig/xmitter/etc.

RTTY SO2R is a natural as you have so much time waiting as you xmit.  I
don't know how people did RTTY contests before SO2R.  I would have been
bored to death waiting anxiously for my rig to unkey.

W0MU

CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
W0MU.NET or  67.40.148.194

never get over." Ben Franklin