[RTTY] best hardware RTTY decoder?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] best hardware RTTY decoder?
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:36:08 -0700 (PDT)
I found that the soundcard based decoders were the best at copying very low
audio signals.  RITTY was the best and MMTTY works very well.

The external TU's that I used, ST-6, Doventron, PK-232 all did a good job but
it took more audio from the tones to decode.  This is not say that I didn't
make thousands of contacts over the years with these.

I find that I can copy a rtty station easier with an antenna at 70 feet than at
50 feet.

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!

Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.