Re: [RTTY] Anyone Have a DXP38 For Sale?

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Anyone Have a DXP38 For Sale?
From: WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:42:47 -0700
Guess I have used most hardware Terminal Units at one time or the
other. Flesher Tu-170, Tu-470, AEA CP-1, CP-100, ATU-1000, PK-232,
Kam, Dovetron,  and all Hal TU's since ST-5.

Reviewed hardware for the RTTY Journal.  Presently have Hal
Communications DSP4100 and DSP4200 hooked up on-line along with the
ST-8000.  The ST-8000 is heads and shoulders above all other hardware.
 Used there PCI-2000, PCI-3000, PCI-4000 all full length cards and no
longer very useful in computes.  Reviewed the P38 and DXP-38.

DXP-38's work very well other than the display is slow.

Software TU's are now the vogue.  I like to run one software and one
hardware.  Just like the old Hal boards have gone to the wayside as
the comptuers don't use that type of slot anymore so to has the old
software like RITTY which was good.

Just like running a ST-8000 takes knowledge of what all those knobs
are so to does running MMTTY. One profile is what most use which is
too bad as that is not using most of the ability of the software.

I have recently started using my new Apple laptop and Chen's fine
program, but I still don't have it fully functional need to purchase a
couple of parts to get it hooked to the radio as the port is both
input/output and I seem to lack those connectors and I need to build a
box.

But its on the list.

Jay

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]