Re: [RTTY] Suggestions for RTTY RU

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestions for RTTY RU
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 03:28:09 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 20:10:38 -0800, "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
wrote:

>And, don't put a bunch of <enter> commands at the end of your lines.  Just a
>couple of spaces is fine. But, put an <enter> at the beginning of your
>macro's for a clean line.
>
>Line feeds have you chasing the callsign or reply all over the screen.  73
>Tom W7WHY

REPLY:

Agreed, that is bad practice, but if you're using N1MM Logger, there is
a check box which will remove excess line feeds. It's under the setup
function in the Digital Interface Window.

Also with N1MM Logger, if you put {END}{CLRRX} at the end of all your
macros except the F5 macro, it will clear the RX screen and prevent the
text from scrolling until it reaches the bottom of the screen. I ran
N1MM for years without knowing about this feature but once I discovered
it, I wouldn't be without it. One minor drawback - because it erases the
previous text it prevents scrolling back. That may or may not be
important to you. I rarely ever scroll back.

If you put it at the end of the F5 macro it interferes with the ESM
function, but it works with all other macros.

73, Bill W6WRT