Re: [RTTY] 24 Hours before the Roundup

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 24 Hours before the Roundup
From: Harvey Luke <hdluke@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 11:04:01 -0600
Also, be sure the scope is running good where you can get your ellipses
tuned in good!

An hour to go!!!!

73, Harvey, KM4JA

diddle - diddle

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 17:44:29 -0800
From: "Tom Osborne"<w7why@frontier.com>
To: "RTTY"<rtty@contesting.com>

Just getting all the stuff set up for tomorrow.

Making up the log sheets, dupes sheets, lotsa extra pencils for logging.

Hope the old Model 15 and the TD holds up through the contest.  Got the
range all adjusted for weak signal work.  Fixed up the roller on the back to
roll up all the excess paper.  Even put some new polar relays in the TU so
they won't be so noisy.

Ready to go!!  73
Tom W7WHY

------------------------------

Message: 2
Make sure you empty the chad box before you start. You don't want to
stop and deal with excessive chads when you have a good run going.
Disable the auto-start and make certain the end-of-line bell is polished
and sounding clear. Oh, and machine oil. I've found the 6 oz bottle sold
at Singer Sewing Machine dealers has been the best substitute for the
original TeleType(tm) brand.

UE de Bob - K?RC in MN

On 1/7/2011 7:44 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
>  Just getting all the stuff set up for tomorrow.
>
>  Making up the log sheets, dupes sheets, lotsa extra pencils for logging.
>
>  Hope the old Model 15 and the TD holds up through the contest.  Got the
>  range all adjusted for weak signal work.  Fixed up the roller on the back to
>  roll up all the excess paper.  Even put some new polar relays in the TU so
>  they won't be so noisy.
>
>  Ready to go!!  73
>  Tom W7WHY

------------------------------

Message: 3
Naw, just let the chads fall on the floor.  When it gets too deep, just make
the XYL come down and clean the shack.  I always have to tell her to clean
the oil off her hands before she cooks dinner or opens my beer.

I've found the best lube is rendered out bear fat.  73 Bob and CU in the
tests RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

Tom W7WHY

Make sure you empty the chad box before you start. You don't want to
stop and deal with excessive chads when you have a good run going.
Disable the auto-start and make certain the end-of-line bell is polished
and sounding clear. Oh, and machine oil. I've found the 6 oz bottle sold
at Singer Sewing Machine dealers has been the best substitute for the
original TeleType(tm) brand.

UE de Bob - K?RC in MN

On 1/7/2011 7:44 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
>  Just getting all the stuff set up for tomorrow.
>
>  Making up the log sheets, dupes sheets, lotsa extra pencils for logging.
>
>  Hope the old Model 15 and the TD holds up through the contest.  Got the
>  range all adjusted for weak signal work.  Fixed up the roller on the back
>  roll up all the excess paper.  Even put some new polar relays in the TU so
>  they won't be so noisy.
>
>  Ready to go!!  73
>  Tom W7WHY

------------------------------

Message: 4
Some XYLs are too busy making QSOs to clean the shack.

73, K5DU Susan

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Tom Osborne<w7why@frontier.com>  wrote:

>  Naw, just let the chads fall on the floor.  When it gets too deep, just
>  make
>  the XYL come down and clean the shack.  I always have to tell her to clean
>  the oil off her hands before she cooks dinner or opens my beer.
>
>  I've found the best lube is rendered out bear fat.  73 Bob and CU in the
>  tests RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY
>
>  Tom W7WHY
>

>  Make sure you empty the chad box before you start. You don't want to
>  stop and deal with excessive chads when you have a good run going.
>  Disable the auto-start and make certain the end-of-line bell is polished
>  and sounding clear. Oh, and machine oil. I've found the 6 oz bottle sold
>  at Singer Sewing Machine dealers has been the best substitute for the
>  original TeleType(tm) brand.
>
>  UE de Bob - K?RC in MN
>

>  On 1/7/2011 7:44 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
>  >  Just getting all the stuff set up for tomorrow.
>  >
>  >  Making up the log sheets, dupes sheets, lotsa extra pencils for logging.
>  >
>  >  Hope the old Model 15 and the TD holds up through the contest.  Got the
>  >  range all adjusted for weak signal work.  Fixed up the roller on the back
>  >  roll up all the excess paper.  Even put some new polar relays in the TU
>  so
>  >  they won't be so noisy.
>  >
>  >  Ready to go!!  73