Re: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS

To: rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:26:35 -0500
Hi guys,

I would like to comment on this since I'm one of the 'short' S&P exchange
macro. I started using the 'no callsign exchange' a couple of montyhs back but
still feel uncomfortable at times. The basic macro would say:  010 010 010 (as
per Bartg Sprint this weekend) but I do have a mycall x 1 macro to add my call
when I feel it's necessary so that you would get 010 010 010 va2up.  I try to
adjust according to conditions. If I call a station with strong sigs I would
send the short format and so forth.
My conclusion is that this approach should be used with great care to avoid
possible and uneccessary confusion.
On the running station side now if I run and send : AA5AU 010 010 010 and Don
sends me 120 120 120 , I don't see a problem with that except that he's well
ahead of me already and I need to get my act together :)

Once more I think that we have to make the best out of every particular
situation and be ready to adapt to the picture we're watching at the present
time as this may get out of focus as the contest evolves.
Will I continue to use the no call S&P macro in the future? Don't know yet.
Maybe I'll go back to my old approach that had '010 010 010 va2up'  and simply
cut short the TX after the exchange to leave my call out, when I feel loud
enogh and in the clear.

It was nice working everybody in Bartg Sprint.  73

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/