Re: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS

To: RTTY Contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS
From: NQ4S - Delbert <NQ4S@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:46:30 -0500
Bingo!  I'm running 100W into an attic loop and only do S&P which causes me
to use what is probably an overly long report macro.  I have a 2xCALL and
3xCALL macro for calling and my main report macro is:

{ENTER}{CALL} TU 0{EXCH} 0{EXCH} 0{EXCH} {MYCALL} K   <with a trailing
space>

The major elements are:
1) Move to a new line to avoid any wraps if there is garbage on screen
2) Callsign which gives my radio a chance to come up to full power (takes
about 1/2 to 1 sec)
3) Exchange sent THREE times so if one corrupts there is still two out of
three
4) My callsign as that is a rule when ending a transmission
5) "K" - why do people always do this?  Just following the herd here
6) Trailing space
I very rarely get asked for a repeat.

My biggest complaint is a running station which doesn't send their call
atleast once with every exchange.  There are times I've had to listen to the
station through several exchanges before I was sure of their call and
sequence number.  A number of times I just gave up and kept on tuning to
find a better target.

Delbert, NQ4S
 http://nq4s.stuffofinterest.com/