Re: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:53:43 -0500
Gary AL9A wrote: "I too had several stations send me NR only without a call.
They did not
make it into my log and probably missed the AK mult!"

If you were calling CQ, and I called you, you would include my call in your
exchange? You have my call, because you answered me? I have you call, or I
wouldn't have called you? If I'm calling CQ, and you answer me, I will
include your call, in my exchange. I couldn't care less how you send your
exchange to me, just as long as it contains the necessary information!
To quote K6LL, operating at K7ABC: "Some operators were gobsmacked with my
S&P exchange - 345-345 - no callsigns, no chat. Yes pal, that's all you get,
and all you need. We both already know who I am, and we both already know
who you are. Adios."
If you failed to log anyone, just because you don't agree with the way they
are sending their exchange, IMHO, you have violated the spirit and intent of
the rules? Maintaining silence, when I send your exchange, when you are the
one calling CQ, will only send me looking for another contact. If I'm
calling CQ, and you answer me, I will include your call, in my exchange.
I've been operating contests for more than 25 years. Far longer than some,
far less than others, and I have yet to find any CW/SSB contesters that
insist on "sending it my way"? RTTY contesting should be no different? A
contest is just that, a competition, not a rag chew, so why insist on being
"spoon fed" the information, when it there in front of you, on your screen?
I will agree that band conditions play a major part in the contest exchange,
and will require varying from the normal. Without a doubt most everyone
worked the high scoring stations? Pay attention to how they are answering
calls, and sending their exchange. They must be doing it right, or their
scores wouldn't be so high?

Multi layered flame suit at the ready!   :>))

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW