Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug

To: "Joe Subich W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, "Dick Flanagan" <dick@k7vc.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 00:16:52 -0500
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Dick Flanagan
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:11 AM
To: Don Hill AA5AU
Cc: 'RTTY Reflectotor'

At 07:49 PM 2/15/2011, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
 >Joe may very well be onto something here and it reminded me that there
 >is a feature of the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog where you can
 >enable "AFC is automatically turned OFF while there are letters in the
 >CALL field".

I just checked and I had this option turned ON!

I have no idea how it happened as I didn't even know the option was
there, but somehow it became turned on.

How could this cause the problem to happen to me so randomly?  I
could run 100 stations with no problems, then it would seem to hit
more and more often.  I probably had to ask for repeats fifty times
during the contest because the AFC would turn off in the middle of my
exchange and then I couldn't copy the reply.

Thanks for identifying this potential land mine.  I never would have
found it on my own.

>>>Please let us know if MMTTY's AFC behaves correctly with this Writelog
option disabled.

>>>Many thanks to Joe W4TV and Don AA5AU!

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ