Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [GreenKeys] lack of civility

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [GreenKeys] lack of civility
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 20:12:47 -0500
During one of my S&P sessions, I happened across a KP4 who was just doing
"normal" RTTY, i.e., not in the contest. In haste I answered his CQ and was
embarassed that I was not equipped for a typical exchange - I use the K7RE
interface to my logging program and the macros were all specific to CQ WPX.  I
must have looked like an idiot after sending him KP4xx AB2ZY 599 123-123
followed by my quickly clicking the keyboard key and blind typing all the stuff
I would normally have in a macro (name, QTH, etc).  His log entry got done on a
pad kept handy and entered into my main logging program after the contest was
over.

One less contest QSO isn't going to kill anyone.

Al
AB2ZY