Re: [RTTY] RTTY WAS

To: RTTY@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY WAS
From: W1BYH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:16:16 EDT
Just adding to the list of RTTY WAS aficionados - I received my "Genuine
RTTY" WAS number 177 on June 10, 1991.  I must say that back then with so
much less activity, it was a bit of a struggle.  It took only a full year
from number 49 to work a Wyoming station.  As often happens, then within  about
two weeks I worked two more!!   Still waiting for some 10 meter  short skip
to catch MD DE NJ and VT on 10 meters for a five-band RTTY WAS.
LOTW sure makes it much easier now, and I  found the Triple-Play award  to
be much easier overall than my first RTTY WAS.

73  Norm  W1BYH