Re: [RTTY] RTTY WAS

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY WAS
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:01:14 -0500
Got #410 in July, 2005, as N5UWY/9.  All cards.

Got #906 a few weeks back (issued 2011-03-01) as N5UWY.  All LOTW.

Didn't think it was that hard, just took a while to collect the LOTW
"QSLs".  In fact, it took longer to get all the cards back in 2005
than it did for the the latest one.

Per the current rules, only OSCAR Satellite, SSTV, 144/432/222/50
MHz,160 m, Basic and Digital/WAS WAS get numbers.

When I applied for my first WAS in 2004, I got basic w/phone
endorsement.  In 2005, I got a RTTY Digital WAS.

This time, between the byzantine WAS rules and the wild-card of LOTW
thrown in, I ended up with RTTY Digital WAS (dated, numbered), but a
Phone WAS, which is dated with no number.

I don't see why this needs to be so complicated!  And I didn't even
try to add Novice, EME, or CW endorsements!