Re: [RTTY] RST in contests

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RST in contests
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:07:31 -0800
Losing the RST in the exchange is ok with me.  When I upload my contest log
into my general logger it defaults all the RST(s) and RST(r) fields to 599
so it's no big deal.

I would like to see another part added to the Exchange section of the rules
though.  That would be to add CALL to the exchange message!  I could have
had a dozen or so more Q's in the log if the "drive byes" that sent me an
exchange without their call sign had stuck around long enough for me to get
that info.  I think they send their call once and miss that I have responded
to a different call.  Then they copy my exchange that is being sent to
another station without confirming the recipient, send their exchange,
without their call, and move on to the next lucky guy.  I wonder what their
log checking scores look like?

73,
Gary AL9A