Re: [RTTY] RST in contests??????

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RST in contests??????
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:09:06 -0400
At 12:13 03/21/2011, you wrote:

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:45:25 -0700
>From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
>Subject: [RTTY] RST in contests
>
>In yesterday's BARTG contest there seemed to be an unusually large
>number of stations who did not send an RST in their exchange. Often
>there will be one, maybe two, but yesterday there were six or seven.
>
>Since I was not making a serious, all-out effort in the contest I
>decided to let it go and just log what they sent and assume 599. I'm
>starting to think that was the wrong thing to do.
>
>Frankly, I would like to see the signal report eliminated from all RTTY
>contests, but as long as it is in the rules, the rules should be obeyed.
>What do you folks think?
>
>73, Bill W6WRT

The "Stepford-wife" 599 signal report is not as thoroughly an
annoying (PITA) to me... just a little pistol, as those stations,
including some RTTY Contesting 'regulars', who did not add a 'call
area designator' /6 /4 , etc to their callsigns --- even though some
contests require it.... (for example, and this is from the latest
3830 posting (and contest reality) for the recent BARTG RTTY Contest,
[FLAME ON}: W1AJT, KR1ST, NA2U, N2BJ, WJ2D, N2NS, N3RC,  K7IA, etc.
[FLAME OFF]).   What is wrong with this picture?... are they 'super
stations'?, are they worried about the milliseconds it takes to send
the /4 or /2 or whatever?, or is it just that are they lazy? OR maybe
they are too busy and do not care about the rules????

Will the BARTG group, and other contest checkers, look at this
problem? Or will they turn a 'blind-eye' to this rule violation and
say they cannot check if it is happening?

73,

Ben -  WB2RHM..... little pistol (+ /4 for BARTG, or whenever it is required}

PS Hats off t0 Andrei NP3D and W4MUG, who always takes the time to
include their designator ;-)